The suction cup are the connecting component between the workpiece and the vacuum system. The characteristics of the selected suction cup have a basic impact on the function of the entire vacuum system.
Basic principle of vacuum sucker
1. How is the workpiece adsorbed on the suction cup?
Compared with the environment of the vacuum system, there is a low pressure zone (vacuum) between the suction cup and the workpiece.
Due to the pressure difference, the workpiece is counter-pressed on the suction cup.
Δ p = p1 – p2.
The force is proportional to the pressure difference and effective area, F~ Δ pandF ~ A à F = Δ p x A.
2. Important features of vacuum cup
Internal volume: the internal volume of the suction cup that is evacuated directly affects the pumping time.
Small curvature radius: the small radius of the workpiece that can be grasped by the suction cup.
The stroke of the sealing lip: refers to the compressed distance after the suction cup is vacuumized. It directly affects the relative movement of the sealing lip.
The stroke of the suction cup: the lifting effect when the suction cup is pumped.
Classification of suction cup
Commonly used suction cups include flat suction cups, corrugated suction cups, elliptical suction cups and special suction cups
1. Flat suction cups: high positioning accuracy; Small design and small internal volume can minimize the grasping time; Achieve high lateral force; On the flat surface of the workpiece, the wide sealing lip has good sealing characteristics; It has good stability when grasping the workpiece; The embedded structure of large-diameter suction cups can achieve high suction force (for example, disk-type structure suction cups); Bottom support; Large and effective suction cup diameter; There are many kinds of suction cup materials. Typical application area of variable frequency suction cups: handling flat or slightly dish-shaped workpieces with flat or slightly rough surface, such as metal plates, cartons, glass plates, plastic parts and wood plates.
2. Characteristics of corrugated suction cups: 1.5 fold, 2.5 fold and 3.5 fold corrugated; Good adaptability to uneven surface; There is lifting effect when grasping the workpiece; Compensation for different heights; Grasp the vulnerable workpiece gently; Soft bottom ripple; The handle and upper ripple of the suction cup have high hardness; Soft and adaptable conical sealing lip; Bottom support; There are many kinds of suction cup materials. Typical application fields of corrugated suction cups: handling dish-shaped and uneven workpieces, such as automobile metal plates, cartons, plastic parts, aluminum foil/thermoplastic packaging products, and electronic parts.
3. Oval suction cups: make good use of the absorbable surface; Suitable for long convex workpiece; Vacuum sucker with enhanced hardness; Small size, large suction; Common as flat and corrugated suction cups; Various suction cup materials; The embedded structure has high grasping force (disc type suction cup). Typical application area of oval suction cups: handling narrow and small workpieces: such as pipe fittings, geometric workpieces, wooden strips, window frames, cartons, tin foil/thermoplastic packaging products.
4. Special suction cups: they are as universal as ordinary suction cups; The particularity of suction cup material and shape makes it applicable to specific application areas/enterprises; Typical application area of special suction cups: handling workpieces with special performance. Such as fragile, porous and deformable surface structure.
Post time: Apr-07-2023